1. I keep a bag of chocolate chips at work, for snacking. It's the cheapest way of getting decent dark chocolate that I know. (Ghiradelli 60% cacao chips! or Hershey's Special Dark :-))
2. I've gone swimming in an underground hot-water pool in Iceland. And in a bright turquoise-blue power-plant-run-off pool, also in Iceland.
3. I was in Paris in the spring of 1972, within a few days of gyzki and herooftheage also being there, though none of us knew each other at the time.
4. I have a puckered scar about 2" long on my left knee where I cut myself on a broken metal toy boat, back in grade school. My mother, a nurse, thought it would close with a tight bandaid, without stitches. It didn't.
5. I've worn glasses daily since I was about 5 years old.
6. I sometimes sold art at science fiction convention art shows, including WorldCons, back in the 70's. Strictly amateur division.
7. I once made a navy blue full circle skirt decorated with white french knots. It was a star map of the northern hemisphere.
8. I am a dork, a geek and a nerd, and have always been so. One of my worst memories of grade school is when other kids found a "Merry Marvel Marching Society" membership card in my wallet.
9. One of the oddest drawings I've ever done was based on the song "The Windmills of Your Mind." This was early in high school. I still intend to do a better version sometime.
10. I have no known food allergies and will try anything. But the smell of cooked kasha makes me nauseous.
11. I can't play any instrument and I can't read music, but I'm going to learn.
12. My favorite toy when I was little was a pink terrycloth big-nosed toy dog named Morgan.
13. When it came time for Confirmation, I picked "Francis", the male version, for St. Francis of Assisi. Another girl in the same grade then said she was picking "Francis" for St. Francis de Sales. I thought this was very unfair of her.
14. When I was a teenager, I was once featured in the local paper in a series on high school students with interesting activities, and a girl involved in model rocketry was news.
15. I find it almost impossible to answer questions about my favorite color, or favorite food, or favorite anything, because it's all about the context.
16. I am/was adopted. I've always known, and I've sometimes been entirely too pleased about it.
17. I didn't get my earlobes pierced till I was around 22, because I couldn't get past the meta-knowledge that poking permanent holes in body parts for purposes of adornment is really rather barbaric.
18. I don't like beer. Or coffee. But I'm willing to drink expresso.
19. My idea of a "well done" steak is one that's very, very rare. Tartare is fine.
20. But I like popcorn best if it's a little bit burnt.
21. I have never broken a bone or had stitches and I thought giving birth was going to be horrible. It wasn't.
22. I believe that the only truly drinkable cola is classic Coke, but I'll make do with Coke Zero, or Diet Coke in a pinch. Anything else is nasty.
23. I have mild claustrophobia, especially if I'm not supposed to leave the area, worse if the temperature is too warm, worst if it's other people who are crowding me.
24. I've only fainted once. It was on a high school trip to visit a hospital and we were in a lab and it was hot and full of chemical smells and the person giving the tour had just said we were to let her know if it was too much. But I felt fine, until I woke up on the floor.
25. I have been Episcopalian (birth to age 1), Lutheran (age 1 to 8), Roman Catholic (age 8 to 18), agnostic/undeclared (age 18 to 33), Unitarian Universalist (age 33 to about 45, and somewhat still), and at peace with a private hodgepodge of beliefs (over the last few years).