?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

The weekend started with a very nice party on Friday evening, got somewhat busy with errands and projects on Saturday (projects somewhat derailed by books picked up from the library), and over-busy on Sunday with an SCA event, so I decided to skip life-drawing this time. Things that did get done:

Applied Applique, Part II

   

The cotton velvet has now been stitched down on the upholstery fabric with small straight overcast stitches about 1/2 inch apart, in dark green silk thread. I loved that the base fabric was stiff and sturdy enough that I didn't need a frame or hoop. Next up, the gold cording to outline it!

Bayeaux Beastie



This is a small design taken from the Bayeaux Tapestry's border, done in wool on linen in laid & couched and outline/stem stitches. A long-ago needlework project that finally got finished, after ripping out most of what I'd done previously because I couldn't find where I'd stashed the thread for it, and nothing else matched.

More Macaroons

   

I tweaked the "Tres Leches" recipe so it's now "Quattro Leches" after finding dried shredded unsweetened coconut at a local Indian foods store, using some scalded milk to soften the coconut before continuing with (mostly) the same recipe. One baking had chocolate chips added, the other had apricots and crystallized ginger. The sweetness was much more under control, but the macaroons were a little dry and I'll want to try one more batch of these before posting a final version of the new recipe.